Distilled, a global digital marketing agency with offices in London, New York and Seattle, is looking for smart, motivated, and passionate SEO analysts to join its fast-growing team in London.
The London team is agile and takes a very hands-on approach to creating real business value for clients, who range from Fortune 500 brands to VC-backed startups. We’re a close-knit group who support each other in leveling up and providing the best value to our clients. If you are boldly curious and enthusiastic, like datasets and numbers, and want to be part of a company where you’ll be more than just a cog in the wheel, reach out to us!
About the role:
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for the research required to derive strategic insights for our clients as well as tracking and measuring results. You will work on putting together comprehensive marketing strategies, defining the tactics used to achieve client goals, and presenting your findings directly to clients.
This position offers you the ability to learn hard digital marketing skills from senior members of the team, as well as leverage account management skills to be successful with clients.
What you can expect from us:
As an analyst, you will learn from the best digital marketers in the industry, be given a lot of autonomy to solve problems (with more structure at the beginning), and build a reputation for yourself in the industry. You will be given opportunities to write on industry-leading blogs, speak at conferences, or establish personal case studies through the impact of your work.
Distilled will invest time and resources into getting you from an analyst position to a consultant position within the first year of your career here. As an analyst, you'll start as a marketing generalist. You'll look for opportunities to specialize in a field that interests you. Distilled has specialists that range in skills from technical SEO to analytics, conversion rate optimization, content, promotion, and user experience. That said, we do require a majority of our analysts to have a baseline of technical and analytical knowledge.
We’re an equal opportunity employer - the important thing is that you appreciate and align with the values of our manifesto. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and we’ll expect you to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Self-motivation - you don’t need a lot of direction, and aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need to understand something better, but will try to figure out the answer on your own first
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Good time management skills
- Comfortable providing recommendations with confidence to senior level stakeholders, even when there is ambiguity involved
- Work best with directional support rather than hand holding
- Comfortable working under pressure and tight deadline
- Curiosity about the world around you and new technology
You should have hands-on experience with two out of the three bullet points below:
- Data skills (analytics, reporting, Excel / Google Spreadsheets formulas): Important data skills for this role include analyzing data using pivot tables, using queries to find the data you are looking for quickly, and using formulas such as VLookup.
- Technical skills (an understanding of how the web and Google works). This means you have a good sense (even if only conceptually) of what happens when someone presses enter in their web browser from a technical perspective.
- Strong knowledge of on-page SEO elements.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare and life insurance
- 5% pension matching
- Subsidised gym membership
- A laptop and second monitor
- A Kindle with a few books pre-loaded
- A £750 happiness budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, laptop upgrade or training
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons